Monday, December 15, 2014

2014-15 Prestige Premium Basketball box #2

Sport:  Basketball
Product:  2014-15 Prestige Premium box
Break Date:  December 12, 2014
Hit Breakdown:   Four autographs + 1 game-used

Summary:  I hadn't planned on buying another Prestige Premium box, but then we were doing some holiday shopping at Target, and after checking out they gave us a 20% off coupon...and then we got a $40 Target gift card.

So, with a HUGE chunk of the box price covered, I figured, "what the heck?"

I can't say I'm glad I did, but I can't say I'm bummed either. First and foremost were the autos. I think that compared to the last break of this product, I was pretty much on par. While I think the Aaron Gordon I pulled last time was probably a better rookie auto than the Cleanthony Early in this box, the Walt Bellamy die-cut auto (numbered to 10) I pulled this time was the best auto out of the two boxes – a low-numbered Hall of Famer is always a great pull. And, Cleanthony Early and Isaiah Thomas are still two strong autos. The fourth, Carrick Felix, is a dude who I'm fairly certain is already out of the league so that's more or less a throw-away, but three out of four ain't bad. I could take or leave the Dikembe Mutombo jersey card also.

The hit of the box may end up being one of the Bonus Shots parallels, though. Marcus Smart has started to play really well, and while pulling a Bonus Shots parallal version of his rookie card is nice, pulling one numbered to /49 was even sweeter. There was also a low numbered Kevin Love (/49) in there...and not one but TWO Gerald Hendersons, /99 and /199. Too bad it wasn't two Marcus Smarts.

Overall it was a solid break. I'm not sure I'd have been as happy had I paid full price for the box, but getting it at about 50% off made it a bit more palatable.

Grade for the product:  A-
Grade for the break:  A-

Bonus Shots Autographs Orange Die Cuts /10:  Walt Bellamy
Stars of the NBA Signatures /175:  Isaiah Thomas
Bonus Shots Autographs /199:  Carrick Felix
Prestigious Premiers Signatures:  Cleanthony Early
Bonus Shots Materials /99:  Dikembe Mutombo
Bonus Shots Purple /49:  Marcus Smart (RC), Kevin Love
Bonus Shots Blue /99:  Gerald Henderson
Bonus Shots Red /199:  Gerald Henderson, Jameer Nelson, Cory Jefferson (RC), Jrue Holiday
Connections:  Alonzo Mourning/Anthony Davis
Franchise Favorites:  Ty Lawson
Hardcourt Heroes:  Manu Ginobili
Pioneers:  Wilt Chamberlain







No comments:

Post a Comment