Tuesday, February 17, 2015

2014 Upper Deck Conference Greats football blaster

Sport:  Football
Product:  2014 Upper Deck Conference Greats blaster
Break Date:  February 8, 2015
Hit Breakdown:   No guaranteed hits
Summary:  I haven't opened football in ages - in fact, I've tried to get rid of any football that isn't my personal collection - U. of Florida Gators, 1995-to present. So, when I saw that Upper Deck had released an SEC-centric product, I was pretty interested. They released it some time last year, but as I haven't been paying attention to football, I didn't know it until recently. When I was at Target and saw a blaster of it, I knew I had to grab it. 

I think Upper Deck did a pretty decent job with it – there's a good mix of current guys, recent players, and "historic" names. The card design is solid as well. 

My one gripe is that the parallels are pretty hard to differentiate between. Upper Deck differentiated them by the accent color going across the top and down the left side. There are copper parallels, which are pretty obvious to the naked eye. But, the base and pewter are pretty close to the same color.

I did hit a jersey card out of the box, which was nice – a Jared Lorenzen (Kentucky). And, I pulled a few Gators.

So, for the money, it was a fun break. Since I'm a big Gator fan, I'm fine with pulling base cards for my PC, but if you're chasing hits for resale, this isn't the product for you.

Grade for the product:  B
Grade for the break:  B+

Jersey:  Jared Lorenzen
Copper:  Aaron Murray, Jerious Norwood, Jeremy Hill
Pewter:  Matthew Stafford, Oliver Barnett, Donte Moncrief, Garrison Hearst, Tim Couch, Babe Parilli, Jeremy Hill, Rajion Neal, Clint Stoerner, Andrew Zow, Craig Yeast, Tyrone Goodson, David LaFLeuer
Memorable Moments:   Peyton Manning, Hines Ward, Nick Saban, Chris Davis
Alumni Stars:   Peyton Manning/Phillip Fulmer, Danny Wuerffel/Carlos Alvarez, Johnny Manziel/Mike Davis, Duce Staley/George Rogers, Nick Saban/Joe Namath



No comments:

Post a Comment