Tuesday, September 1, 2015

2015 Topps Chrome Baseball blaster x 2

Sport:  Baseball
Product:  2015 Topps Chrome blaster x 2
Break Date:  August 30, 2015
Hit Breakdown:   Four Sepia Refractors

 
Summary:  I saw all the news about the $9.99 Topps Chrome mis-priced blasters, but missed that boat - I never saw any at my Target. But, people seemed to be getting some decent cards out of their breaks, so figured I'd give them a shot when I saw them on shelves.

We were at Wal-Mart (the most evil of all places) doing a little shopping, and they had two left. I won't ever leave one on the shelf, so I picked up both.

Each comes with a pack of Sepia refractors - I liked those a lot in previous years, but I don't really love them as guaranteed hits. Still, I pulled a Cardinals PC card - a Sam Tuivailala RC - out of one of them. Otherwise, not much to report on that front.

Overall, it was a decent break. No autos, but I finally pulled a Kris Bryant RC. Most importantly, the second one had a really nice PC hit - a Gold Yadi Molina refractor, serial-numbered to 50. That's why you never leave one box: had I just grabbed one I would have probably grabbed the OTHER one.

So, an A- because of the Gold Yadi and Sepia Tui, but someone else who didn't pull PC cards would probably knock it down a peg.

Grade for the product:  B+
Grade for the break:  A-

Blaster 1
Purple Refractor /250:  Kevin Gausman
Prism Refractor:  Yimi Garcia (RC)
Sepia Refractor:  Josh Harrison, Nolan Arenado, Sam Tuivailala (RC), Brandon Phillips
Refractor:  Justin Morneau, Stephen Strasburg
Future Stars:  Daniel Norris

Blaster 2
Gold Refractor /50:  Yadier Molina
Prism Refractor:  Torii Hunter
Sepia Refractor:  Johnny Cueto, Ken Giles, Jose Pirela (RC), Jose Altuve
Refractor:  Matt Shoemaker, Masahiro Tanaka
Future Stars:  Brandon Finnegan





No comments:

Post a Comment