Saturday, May 30, 2015

2014-15 Panini Prizm Basketball blaster

Sport:  Basketball
Product:  2014-15 Panini Prizm blaster
Break Date:  May 29, 2015
Hit Breakdown:   One jersey card
Summary:  I haven't seen any Prizm basketball blasters in months, so I was pretty shocked (and pleased) to find one at Target yesterday. Prizm kinda took off because of Andrew Wiggins, so seeing the rare blaster was a nice treat.

It turned out to be a really good pick-up as well. I was pleased enough with the amount of color I pulled – four Green Prizms, one still-poorly-named Blue Mojo Prizm, and a Larry Bird Prizm insert – that pulling Marco Belinelli as the jersey card didn't phase me.

Making it better was the fact that the Prizms themselves were strong: four rookies and Wilt Chamberlain. I'm an Aaron Gordon fan, so hitting a green of him was nice.

I still don't love the design of the product, so I'll keep the grade I initially gave Prizm - a D. But, the inserts themselves were strong, so overall it was a good break.

Grade for the product:  D
Grade for the break:  B

Prizm Jerseys Blue Mojo:  Marco Belinelli
Representatives Prizms:  Larry Bird
Prizms Blue Mojo:  Cory Jefferson (RC)
Prizms Green:  Aaron Gordon (RC), Kyle Anderson (RC), James Young (RC), Wilt Chamberlain




No comments:

Post a Comment