Wednesday, May 20, 2015

2015 Bowman baseball blaster

Sport:  Baseball
Product:  2015 Bowman hanger pack
Break Date:  May 16, 2015
Hit Breakdown:   No guaranteed hits
Summary:  While the two Bowman hanger packs I opened a couple weeks back where fun, the blasters have always been a better retail break. So, when my local Target finally had them on the shelves, I picked one up.

This year, at least with this first blaster, I was mildly impressed. I'm still not a huge fan of the card design, but there was a decent variety of hits for a retail break – pulling two cards numbered to /150 is fairly solid.

The blue refractors are really nice - I think the splash of color improves the base chrome look overall. And, while I'm no Yankee fan and don't know a whole lot about this year's crop of prospects, everything I've read about Nelson Gomez says he could eventually be an impact bat.

The blue paper card came out of the pack with a bad corner, though, so that's a bummer. 

Overall, as in years past, I think blasters are the better way to go with retail Bowman (even though I pulled an auto of the hangers and NOT the blaster). I'll probably pick up a couple more.

Grade for the product:  B
Grade for the break:  B


No comments:

Post a Comment