Tuesday, December 17, 2013

2012-13 Panini Limited Basketball hobby box

Sport:  Basketball
Product:  2012-13 Limited Basketball
Break Date:  December 9, 2013
Hit Breakdown:  Two autographs, one memorabilia card
Summary:  So, I really like Limited, even though it is feast or famine. When the price dropped for Black Friday, I was hooked on the line that Panini cast. I decided to turn in my hard earned cash for one pack of Limited.

What I should have done was pay someone to slap me in the face.

Like I said before, I am a Limited fan. I like the look of the cards and really enjoy the black and white Signature Spotlight auto inserts. But, this box was a plain and simple dud.

When your best card is an insert numbered to 49 or a non-prime mem card out of a product more known for its autos, what more can be said? Those cards were a Dwayne Wade Curtain Call jersey card and a Tim Duncan Spotlight insert /49, respectively.

Throw in a great looking Spotlight Signature card of Jose Calderon, a Kirk Hinrich jersey card and an E'Twuan Moore acetate auto, and you have what I like to call "stopping on a Whammy."

Overall, I really like Panini Limited and think they are stellar looking cards. Unfortunately this particular break failed to meet my already "limited" expectations.

But given the extra cash flow, I would be willing to take another chance at it...and probably another after that. Somebody just needs to slap me.

Grade for the product:  A 
Grade for the break:  D

What we pulled:
Spotlight Signature:  Jose Calderon /49
Rookie Auto:  
E'Twaun Moore /349
Curtain Call Jersey:  Dwayne Wade /199
Performers Jersey:  Kirk Hinrich /199
Spotlight Insert:  Tim Duncan /49



No comments:

Post a Comment