Thursday, December 12, 2013

2012-13 Timeless Treasures Basketball hobby box

Sport:  Basketball
Product:  2012-13 Panini Timeless Treasures Basketball
Break Date:  December 9, 2013
Hit Breakdown:  2 Autographs and 1 Game Used Memorabilia Card
Summary:  So this box was a complete dud, but I am thankful.

Why, you ask would I be thankful for such a box of hot mess? Because, thankfully, I did not pay anywhere close to what some folks would have shelled out for it since it was a Black Friday purchase.

Look, I get the high risk/high reward box break game but let's be honest – Landry Fields, Arnett Moultrie and DeQuan Jones (let's hear it for the Reno Bighorns) are exactly contributing to any box scores in a productive way these days.

I think the best thing about the box was that I actually hit 3 autos – albeit one was a dreaded "Dear Valued Collector" redemption –  beat the odds of the game worn card.

At the end of the day, I do not feel like this box had any value for me as a collector. I typically try and do sets, here and there chasing hits in a mid priced product. I might just hang one of the Glass Rookie Cards on my office wall to remind me why I should avoid Timeless Treasures going forward.

Advice: if you can get it on the very cheap, maybe; if you have to pay anywhere close to MSRP, just avoid it.

Grade for the product:  C- 
Grade for the break:  D-

What we pulled:
Validating Marks Auto /199:  Landry Fields  
Glass Rookie Auto /476:
  Arnett Moultrie, DeQuan Jones (Redemption)



No comments:

Post a Comment